Thursday, July 07, 2005

An update:

Me: I'm down 7 lbs. so far. SBD is going pretty well. I've had a couple "treats" that were definately not on program but I've been able to limit it to a special occasion and stay on the other days. I'm not doing as well with the exercising. I need to work harder on that.

The kids: All is well for the most part. Trying to keep them busy to keep arguing to a minimum. Some days are better than others. I can't believe Michael will be turning 13 soon. We have his family party this weekend. We got a pinata that says "you're how old?" This year has been one of big change for him. He has gotten so much taller and his shoulders are more broad. His feet are huge. LOL! He is becoming more resposible and more mouthy. He had a great school year - honor roll all year. All A's and B's except for band - he's not enjoying that much anymore and you can see it in his grades.

Vin is just Vin. He is such a character. I brought him to work at the LSS with me the other day. I was filling in for someone and Mike wouldn't be home in time. He loved it. We got a shipment in and had to price and sort it. He helped me put things away. He counted down the change in the register.

Ally is such a smarty. She punched in all the numbers to call Mike last night. I just told her what to hit and she found the number with no problem. great number letter recognition. even though she is the youngest, she is becoming a bit of a mother hen to the boys. it cracks me up except when she tries to do it to me! i've been trying to explain to her NICELY that it is not nice to correct adults too much and it's okay if I do something different than I usually do or if I make a mistake, everyone makes mistakes. Anyway, the other day she says to me "I was going to tell you that you're supposed to do it this way but it's not nice to correct you so I won't tell you and let you do it wrong." OY! She's 4...I'm doomed.

Scrapping: I completed a few more layouts of our trip to FL last year and did some organzing/sorting the other day. I'm itching to scrap but I'm too behind on things I have to get done for this weekend.

Books: I finished reading Something Blue a couple days ago. It was such a fast ead. It's was a fun book and after my sister's keeper that's what I needed. It was sort of a sequel to Something Borrowed which I read not to long ago. I went to the library and got about 6 books - a little much I know. I started The Secret Life of Bees yesterday. I've heard good things about it and finally picked it up. I also got: Vanishing acts by Picoult, Jodi, The tall pine polka and Oh my stars by Landvik, Lorna. I read Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons a few months ago by her. It was awesome. I recommend this book to everyone. It's such a silly title but the story is great. It's about a group of women who form a book club and it spans over 30 years of their lives.

I am no one you know by Oates, Joyce Carol
Lucia, Lucia by Trigiani, Adriana

So a little bit of fluff, a little bit of serious, just like I like it. I still have a few books I picked up at Borders to read as well. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, Diary by ( I can't remember), Weekend in the City (can't remember the author here either) and Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. Lots of reading to catch up on.

More later...

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

CONGRATS ON THE WT LOSS!!!!!!!! Seriously - I am at a point where if I could stop eatting - it wouldn't make a difference..... Congrats!! Keep up the good work!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home