Saturday, June 25, 2005

Me: Developing Good Habits

I had a really tough day yesterday. I was really down, tired, unmotivated and just sad. I need to pick myself up - because really who else will? I need to take better care of myself. I went for a manicure and pedicure on Thursday. It was so nice. So relaxing - they had AWESOME massage chairs. I have been looking at my pretty hands and feet for 2 days. It made me feel good. So after a shitty day yesterday, I have decided I need to develop good habits and reward myself for doing so. They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit so Monday is Day 1. What will my habits be?

Take better care of myself:
This really encompasses the rest of my habits but a bit more too. I need to take care of myself like I take care of the kids and Mike. I make sure they are happy and thriving while I allow myself to go. I can't do this. I will be a better mother and wife if I take care of myself. I need to exercise, eat better, get regular maintainence - lol, haircuts, mani's and pedi's, new clothes, new shoes, spend time doing things I like, take time to read, etc. It's important. I can do this.

Exercise 3 times per week:
I have started this already. I walked twice this week. I have to walk today to get in my 3rd day. Three times per week is not obsessive, it is doable. It's important. I can do this.

Eat Better, Lose Weight, Be Healthy:
I will start South Beach Diet on Monday. This morning I reread a good portion of this book. I have done this diet in the past with awesome results. It allows me good proteins, good carbs, good fats as long as I cut out the preprocessed foods and bad carbs. It allows me to feel full and not deprived. It's important. I can do this.

For rewards, I will get manicures and pedicures, new outfits, new shoes, other non-food treats that I desire. I will set small goals and reward myself with each accomplishment.

1st Goal:

Stay on South Beach Diet program and exercise 3 times per week for 2 weeks: Manicure

This weekend I will do some research and shopping to get ready. I will plan the exercise into my week ahead of time so that I can make sure I do it. I will plan meals as well.

I need to get my 3rd day of exercise in this week. I'm off to do that, take a shower and enjoy the day. More tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home